Information about BG Cream
Uses / Indications: BG Cream is used in the treatment of bacterial skin infections.
- Product composition:
- Betamethasone Topical (0.064%), Gentamicin Topical (0.1%)
Interactions / Warnings: No interaction found
- Pregnancy interaction:
- BG Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness).
- How to use:
- This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
- How it works:
- BG Cream is a combination of three medicines: Betamethasone Topical and Gentamicin Topical which treat bacterial skin infections. Betamethasone Topical is a steroid medicine. It blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. Gentamicin Topical is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.